Friday, February 11, 2011

Working with your food log....Day 12

Today I hit my calorie goals but my fats are a bit high (51.2 grams).  Notice the two biggest fat numbers came from the salmon and olive oil.  In the future, I'll use 1 tsp olive oil rather than a whole TBSP.  This will cut down to 4.5g fat instead of 13.5 g fat.  I could also cut the protein bar in half and drop 3 grams of fat there too.  I could also cut my salmon portion to 4 oz rather than 6 oz.  Making these three changes would put me right at 32 grams of fats for the day which is where I want to be.

I also want to take in a little more protein so I might think about adding some protein powder to the steel cut oats or having a shake during the day to pull my protein number up to at least 120-130 grams for the day.

No comments: