Monday, February 14, 2011

Working with your food log....Day 13

Today I hit my calorie numbers but again my fats were high.  This is a quick fix.  The biggest number of fat grams on the food log came from too many walnuts.  I can cut this portion size from 1.5 oz to .5 oz and the fat numbers drop from 52.7 grams to 34.24 grams which is within my range.  This adjustment also lowers my calorie intake to 1095 (remember I don't want to dip under 1200 calories per day) so I consider eating 4-5 egg whites throughout the day to bring my protein up to 120 grams minimum (which also brings my calories up to 1180 for the day).  Beef or turkey jerky would have the same effect. 

Remember.....consistently hitting numbers for calories, fats, proteins, and carbs will yield the results you want.  Evaluate each day, make yourself some notes regarding the changes you need to make and be ready for the next day so you don't make the same nutritional mistake twice.

No comments: